Wow. What an emotionally intense year! For the first time in a long, long time I am actually glad the year is over. 2017 here I come! Too dramatic (sorry)? Any who…
Unfortunately, even when it came to reading 2016 was a little bit of a let down. I’m not saying anything against the books published this year!! I was just not able to get through as many books as I’d hoped. In fact, I only read 24 books in the ENTIRE year (oh the shame). Why, you ask, is this bad? Well, I am one of those strange people who used to fly through 100+ books every year! Why, when I have no excuses, can I not indulge in that many books a year? NETFLIX I shake my fist at you!!! You can probably already guess what one of my new years resolutions are.
The books I did read though – a.m.a.z.i.n.g – and some not. But that’s the best part of reading or at least what I think is the best part.
Now onto the important part!
My Favourite Reads of 2016
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Truthwitch by Susan Denard
- Replica by Lauren Oliver
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
ARC’s I Read and Loved in 2016
- Windwitch by Susan Denard
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
Books I Liked But Didn’t Love in 2016
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- The Assassin’s Curse and The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Stay tuned for reviews of all my 2016 reads! How was your 2016?